Cody Rhodes has revealed when he started to seriously consider a return to WWE, after his WrestleMania 38 Saturday match.
In case you have been living under a Dwayne Johnson, Rhodes was revealed to be Seth Rollins’ mystery opponent on last night’s show, following his AEW departure in February.
Speaking with media ahead of WrestleMania 38 Sunday, Rhodes noted that everything has moved so fast since welcoming his daughter into the world last June.
When asked when he thought a WWE return was possible, Rhodes said:
“Maybe around the Royal Rumble, because I didn’t think I would get another shot at it, in terms of, I was really proud of the run I had in WWE, but in AEW I was Executive Vice President, head of community outreach department, and I had a lot of ‘kids.’ I didn’t have time to think about it. We had a show and a business to run.
“It was moving so fast and I had so many other fun projects that I love doing like Go Big Show and Rhodes to the Top. I’m working on a pilot now about vintage spirits and bourbons in the US that I’m really excited about. Everything was moving so fast. As soon as the baby was born, the second thing I thought after ‘she’s so beautiful’ was, ‘I have to make a lot of money.’ I was busy, busy, busy.”
The liquor series that Rhodes discussed was mentioned in a new statement from his management team, which you can read at this link.
Check out the card for WrestleMania 38 Sunday at this link.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed