PWInsider is reporting that Dean Ambrose and wife Renee Young have once again been spotted in Birmingham, Alabama, indicating the former WWE Champion is undergoing extensive rehab to strengthen his tricep following a nasty tear late last year.
The former Shield member underwent a successful surgery in December and is expected to be out a mammoth nine months. This, of course, means that he’ll miss WrestleMania 34, for which he was penciled-in to battle Seth Rollins after a much-needed heel turn.
Dean Ambrose follows in the footsteps of the likes of Triple H, Seth Rollins, and Finn Bálor amongst others who all underwent surgery and rehabilitation in Birmingham following varying damage. Currently, it is unknown whether Ambrose will return ahead of schedule and make it back in time for SummerSlam where he would presumably turn on Rollins, commencing their rivalry.
‘The Lunatic Fringe’ was withdrawn from all public appearances over WrestleMania weekend, with no reason given for his absence.
We wish Dean Ambrose the best on his road to recovery.
- WWE Leadership ‘Questioned’ Internally For Not Signing Major Free Agent
- WWE Name Released By The Company
- Major WWE Star Confirmed To Be ‘Free Agent’
- More WWE Departures Confirmed
- Identities Of Several WWE Departures Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Discusses CM Punk’s AEW Departure & WWE Return
- Absent WWE Stars Expected At SmackDown
- Another Tease For Major WWE Signing?
- CM Punk Next WWE Appearance Date Announced
- AEW Star Says Last Few Months Of Creative Have Been ‘Frustrating’