Details have emerged on Windham Rotunda’s (fka Bray Wyatt) ‘very strange’ relationship with Vince McMahon, ahead of his WWE departure.
It had previously been noted that Windham was given a fair amount of creative freedom when pitching while with the company.
Speaking on The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, Matt Hardy, Wyatt’s former tag partner, noted that he felt like Vince viewed Windham like a son in some ways.
Providing insight on the duo’s relationship, Matt said:
“Windham (Bray Wyatt) has always had a very strange relationship with Vince, very strange, like, I almost felt like Vince looked at him like a son in some ways.
“When he would do things that he liked, he would love him and he would really give him everything that he could possibly give him. He would bend over backwards to try and accommodate him. But then when he did something he didn’t like, he hated, like he was going to lock him away for good.
“It was almost like a really weird, a really strange and different duality that Vince shared with Bray. When he liked him or loved him, he was all about him. But when he disliked him, oh my god, it was really bad and he would like punish him and insult him. To me, it was so strange. It was almost like a parent.”
Windham last wrestled at WrestleMania 37 in April 2021, before getting released from his WWE contract that summer.
Matt also recalled a nixed pitch for him and Jeff Hardy to join forces with ‘The Fiend’ in early 2020, which you can read more about right here.
There have been over 20 names who have left WWE this year so far. You can read a list of the departures at this link.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Friday June 2, 2023
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star