Drake Wuertz, who left WWE under controversial circumstances earlier this year, has worked as a referee for Epico Colon’s new promotion.
Colon is a former WWE Tag Team Champion alongside his cousin Primo.
The first show for the new Latin Wrestling Entertainment promotion was held on November 20 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Notable names on the show included Wuertz, the Lucha Brothers, Mecha Wolf & Bestia 666, and Cinta De Oro (formerly Hunico/Sin Cara).
There is a second show scheduled for January, but it’s unknown at this point whether Drake Wuertz or anyone else on the first card will be back for that one.
He was released by WWE this past May having received a lot of criticism for his political views and being involved in several backstage incidents.
Via Wrestling Observer Newsletter
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship