Edge still has a bit of time before he has to make a decision regarding who he will face at WrestleMania. However, that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been keeping an eye on his competition.
While speaking to Sports Illustrated, Edge discussed each of his potential WrestleMania opponents. He had kind words for each, closing by saying he doesn’t think he can go wrong. Here is the quote:
“You need to start with Finn Bálor. He’s operating on an entirely different level in the ring right now than I’ve ever seen him perform. I love what he’s doing. With Finn, the story would be two guys who have wrestled all over the world, but never been in the same place at the same time. That’s very appealing to me.
“Drew, he’s taken such a rocky road to get where he is, but he fought through everything to get here. A character like Edge would really respect Drew, so that type of match would be a different story and emotion, one based on mutual respect and who is the better man.”
“Roman has really found his groove. This is the guy I always knew he was. The handcuffs have been taken off, he’s being allowed to let this side out. Now you can see it and you can feel it. Knowing the kind of story we could create, I salivate over that. So look all those three options. I’m in a position where I feel like I can’t go wrong.”
Edge won the Royal Rumble in his first match since suffering a torn tricep against Randy Orton at Backlash. His Rumble win also came 11 years to the day after his first Rumble win in 2010.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania