Former WWE star Ember Moon, now going by Athena on the Indies, has spoken about her WWE release publicly for the first time.
Speaking on her Twitch channel, Moon explained while she had many negative experiences with WWE, she wouldn’t be where she is today without the promotion. She said:
“Without WWE, I wouldn’t be were I’m at today. I got to travel the world, meet amazing people and make amazing friends that are going to be with me for a lifetime. At the end of the day, I don’t think it’s all bad. Every time I look at the negatives, and there were plenty, trust me, the positives outweigh that. There is no use in being mad.”
She went on to say she feels very bad for many of her friends who were also released by WWE.
“I feel very sorry for me friends that did get let go too early. What I mean by that is those men and women that never got an opportunity to showcase themselves on the level that I know they can showcase themselves. That’s part of the reason why I feel like it’s not fair for me to come on here and bitch and moan and whine. It’s not fair. Where I had the opportunity to wrestle on Raw, SmackDown, and NXT and became a champion and did a lot with my career, it’s not fair when those of my friends barely got started.”
She was asked what she felt she had learned during her 90-day non-compete clause. She replied:
“I felt like a lot of self-reflection about what I could have done differently. I feel like I wouldn’t have changed anything. I felt for some time I was just stagnant and there was no opportunity to grow at times.”
Lastly, she was asked whether she would ever consider returning to WWE one day. And as usual, she gave the old “never say never” line.
“I did not have a terrible experience there. If they asked, maybe, depending on the circumstance, but maybe. I’m open.”
Credit to Fightful for the quotes.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn