Raj Giri of WrestlingInc is reporting that former UFC commentator Jimmy Smith was backstage at Friday Night SmackDown last night to audition for a role within the company.
The site is reporting that the former MMA name took part in a commentary audition at Tropicana Field last night.
Former UFC commentator Jimmy Smith is backstage at tonight’s WWE SmackDown tapings.
Wrestling Inc. has learned that Smith auditioned for an announcing job today.
For those that don’t know, Jimmy Smith began working with Bellator in 2010 before leaving in 2017. He would go on to join UFC in January 2018, but the company opted to let him go the following year.
At this time, there is no word on which brand WWE is considering bringing Jimmy Smith in to commentate on, and no word on how his audition went. For any potential updates, stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com.
Speaking of UFC, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle revealed that he was interested in working with the MMA company, but didn’t join as Dana White wouldn’t also let him wrestle, which you can read more about by clicking here.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star