A former WWE star has reflected on his time with the company, accepting that it didn’t go exactly as he’d hoped and, professionally, was disappointing.
Mike Bennett was the latest guest on the Battleground podcast, during which he discussed his WWE release earlier this year and recent return to ROH.
“Professionally I think leaving Ring of Honor was the worst move that I ever made. Personally, it was by far the best because within those five years, I got sober. I had two children and I bought a house. I grew as a man. I grew as a husband. I grew as a father. I can’t sit there and say it was a bad decision because I became a better person. I don’t want to downplay that. Professionally, besides my run in IMPACT which I loved, my run in WWE was a dud. It sucked. It wasn’t very good. I didn’t do very much. It won’t be memorable. So from a career standpoint, leaving Ring of Honor was the worst decision because when I went back last time, I just remembered being there and looking around the locker room and seeing guys like Jay Lethal, the Briscoes, Dalton Castle and Taven and all these people that were there when I left, and thought, this is family. Why did I leave home? This is okay. I can make a living here and I can have fun here. I can be happy. This is a place I can bring my kids and they can meet people that I love. I love the Briscoes as brothers. This is where I want to be. I probably shouldn’t have left, but, hindsight is 20/20. It’s a double-edged sword because professionally I shouldn’t have left, but personally, I can’t take back the fact that I don’t want to throw away how much I grew as a human. It’s a mixed bag of emotions.”
ROH has announced that Bennett will be on the upcoming Final Battle pay-per-view, but hasn’t made a match official for him as of this writing.
Quote via WrestlingNews.co
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed