Olympic Gold Medalist Gable Steveson has revealed advice given to him by WWE Champion Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman.
Steveson has a very close relationship with Lesnar due to their connection from the University of Minnesota both men attended.
Speaking on The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Gable Steveson talked about his WWE career, when fans will see him on television and advice given to him by Brock and Heyman.
When asked about if he’s received advice from Brock Lesnar, Gable shared:
“He was one of the first to hit me up (after winning the NCAA Championship). He said, ‘Great job’, and was congratulating me.”
“He said I gave a really great interview which I was proud to hear. I’m working on my talking skills making sure I can take things off of me and put it on other people for my success. I would hate to go on an ESPN interview and say, ‘I’m the best. I’m the greatest American Heavyweight that’s ever wrestled.’ I would rather have another person tell you that instead of me. I would rather say that there are kids that can be better than me, and anybody else who wants to do what I do, they can do it better too.”
Steveson continued on to discuss what advice Paul Heyman had given him in regards to his WWE career, saying:
“Heyman is a wizard. There’s been times where he would tell me certain things to spin to make an attraction bigger than it should be. He’s just so smart. He’s a genius at what he does. If you see what he does with Brock or Roman Reigns, he’s perfect. His character is crazy amazing.”
As previously mentioned, Gable Steveson revealed whether he would like to be a babyface or heel in WWE in this same interview.
Quotes via Wrestlingnews.co
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win