WWE star Rhea Ripley wants to create another history-making event and face GUNTHER for the Intercontinental Championship.
After winning the Royal Rumble match in January, Ripley issued a challenge to SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair for WrestleMania 39.
Speaking with SportBible, Ripley noted that there’s a certain men’s championship she’s interested in pursuing.
Stating that she’d love to challenge for the Intercontinental Championship, Ripley said:
“I would love to face Gunther. I would absolutely be down for that.
“I would love to try go for the Intercontinental Championship – it would be another history-making event which is all I want do.”
“I want to be remembered for breaking the stereotype for women at the same time.”
Ripley has wrestled in intergender matches in the past, notably defeating Akira Tozawa in singles action on the December 19 edition of Raw.
Since joining the Judgment Day in May 2022, Ripley has acted as the enforcer of the group, attacking stars of all genders on behalf of the faction.
GUNTHER is making a name for himself as one of the most dominant Intercontinental Champions of all time.
At WrestleMania 39, he will defend his gold against Sheamus and Drew McIntyre in a three-way bout.
GUNTHER recently passed a major milestone ahead of WrestleMania, which you can read more about right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event