It’s been a long time coming, but finally the WWE UK brand is starting to pick up some steam. Tapings for the tournament took place May 18th & 19th at the prestigious Royal Albert Hall with many of the UK’s best wrestlers.
Early reactions on social media indicate a lot of excitement for what is to come. There’s been strange chants about shoes and surprise returns, but most intriguingly of all, perhaps, the NXT Tag Team Championships have changed hands.
— WWE (@WWE) June 19, 2018
Tyler Bate and Trent Seven achieved the upset victory this past Tuesday when they beat Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong for the NXT Tag Team titles. This is surprising considering the Undisputed Era’s recent hot streak. The team is a cornerstone of the NXT brand with their recent show-stealing victory at Takeover Chicago II showing why. For years Tyler Bate and Trent Seven have been one of the most popular British teams on the independent scene. Both wrestlers contain talent in abundance, but surprisingly on NXT TV Moustache Mountain has been scarcely featured. It will be interesting to see how the NXT fans will respond to the two classy Brits.
Do you think the title change was a good idea? Let us know down in the comments section below or on twitter here.
- royal albert hall
- wwe uk tournament
- NXT Tag Team Championships
- kyle o'reilly
- Trent Seven
- Tyler Bate
- Roderick Strong
- The Undisputed Era
- Moustache Mountain
- NXT UK
- Update On Former WWE Stars Signing New WWE Deals
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- WWE Announces Drew McIntyre’s Next Move After Releasing Matt Riddle
- WWE Legend Shares Heartfelt Message For Dolph Ziggler After Release
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- WWE Name Claims Dolph Ziggler ‘Didn’t Change With The Times’ Before Being Released
- WWE Star Teases Alliance With Bobby Lashley After SmackDown
- Will Ospreay Next AEW Feud Revealed?
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Top Dolla Addresses WWE Future Of Hit Row Teammates After His Release