Here’s the latest update on Jeff Hardy’s legal situation relating to his arrest for DUI back on June 13, 2022.
Hardy was arrested at 9:54am on June 13 for three charges:
- Violating Restrictions Placed on Driving License
- Driving While License Cancelled/Suspended/Revoked
- DUI Alcohol/Drugs third offense within 10 years
Hardy’s two blood-alcohol tests after his arrest came in at 0.294 and 0.291. The legal limit in Florida is 0.08, which means Hardy was at 3.7 times the legal limit.
Hardy filed a written ‘not guilty’ plea on June 28.
As per PWInsider, Hardy has a pre-trial hearing this coming Friday (November 18), for which he is required to appear in court.
The hearing has been pushed back via Hardy’s attorneys twice – it was originally scheduled for July, then for October.
On the first occasion, his attorneys waived his right to a speedy trial and requested for the hearing to be pushed back 60 days.
Then, before the scheduled hearing in October, Hardy’s attorneys filed a “last-minute” motion saying the attorneys had “recently provided extensive mitigation materials to the counsel for the State”, adding “The parties require additional time to negotiate a potential pretrial resolution”.
This would imply that the two sides are working on an agreement that would prevent a trial.
Hardy was suspended by AEW following his arrest and has yet to return as this situation is still ongoing.
Recent comments from his brother Matt Hardy are positive and point to Jeff being in good condition.
We’ll continue to keep you posted with any further updates.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure
- WWE Newest Signee Revealed
- Tony Khan Says William Regal Can’t Appear On-Screen For WWE When He Returns