Jeff Hardy’s scheduled pre-trial hearing for today (November 18, 2022) for his arrest back on June 13 has been postponed.
This is now the third time the hearing has been pushed back. It was originally scheduled for July, then for October, then for today, and now for December 21.
On the first occasion, his attorneys waived his right to a speedy trial and requested for the hearing to be pushed back 60 days.
Then, before the scheduled hearing in October, Hardy’s attorneys filed a “last-minute” motion saying the attorneys had “recently provided extensive mitigation materials to the counsel for the State”, adding “The parties require additional time to negotiate a potential pretrial resolution”, which would imply that the two sides were working on an agreement that would prevent a trial.
That resulted in the hearing being scheduled for today, but, as per PWInsider, Hardy’s defence filed for a continuance, and the pre-trial hearing is now scheduled for December 21.
Hardy was arrested at 9:54am on June 13 for three charges:
- Violating Restrictions Placed on Driving License
- Driving While License Cancelled/Suspended/Revoked
- DUI Alcohol/Drugs third offense within 10 years
Hardy’s two blood-alcohol tests after his arrest came in at 0.294 and 0.291. The legal limit in Florida is 0.08, which means Hardy was at 3.7 times the legal limit.
Hardy filed a written ‘not guilty’ plea on June 28.
Hardy was suspended by AEW following his arrest and has yet to return as this situation is still ongoing.
Recent comments from his brother Matt Hardy are positive and point to Jeff being in good condition.
We’ll continue to keep you posted with any further updates.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Huge Update On William Regal Joining WWE
- Major William Regal AEW Contract Update Amidst WWE Return Talks
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- WWE Star Fires Shot At Kenny Omega
- Spoiler On Result Of Jeff Jarrett’s Second AEW Match
- Location For Future WWE Stadium Show Seemingly Revealed
- Real Reason Major Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- Backstage News On WWE’s Bonus Payments To Talent
- WWE Name Fired By The Company
- New WWE Role Pitched For Randy Orton