It has emerged that Jeff Hardy has turned down an offer from WWE for him to be inducted in the 2022 class of the Hall of Fame.
WWE released Hardy in December after he reportedly refused WWE’s offer to send him to rehab following him walking out of a house show match under strange circumstances.
As reported in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis contacted Hardy a few weeks ago with the Hall of Fame offer.
Hardy was said to have turned it down and requested to be sent his drug test results because he knew he wasn’t going to be positive for recreational drugs, and it took six weeks to get those results back.
The belief is that WWE really doesn’t want Jeff Hardy to join AEW because the obvious reunion with his brother Matt would be such a big deal.
Hardy is still under a non-compete following his release until March 9, so AEW can’t legally make him a contract offer until after that expires.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Mystery Attacker Revealed On NXT
- AEW Name Reveals Upcoming Contract Expiry, Comments On Potential WWE Move
- Mandy Rose Comments On Gigi Dolin Vs. Jacy Jayne NXT Cage Match After Not Even Being Mentioned
- Alarming Advice From Surgeons For Top AEW Star
- Carmella & Corey Graves Reveal The Sex Of Their First Child
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WWE Future After Pregnancy Announcement
- Baron Corbin Makes Surprise Appearance On WWE NXT
- Pat McAfee Reacts To Unfortunate AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Attendance Photo
- Bret Hart Calls Current WWE Star One Of The Greatest Wrestlers Of All Time
- Major Star Says He Could ‘100% Make Magic’ With WWE’s Seth Rollins