Jim Ross has discussed his future with All Elite Wrestling, confirming that his contract is coming up soon.
Speaking with JMart and Ramon, Ross noted that he doesn’t plan on leaving the company, but pointed out that he’s not getting any younger. Stating that he still finds his job fun, Ross said:
“(AEW is) in a really cool spot, especially a guy like me. My contract is up soon.
“I’m not looking to go anywhere, but nonetheless, I’m 70. I have to be realistic at some point in my crazy ass life. I haven’t been. My late wife would say, ‘Amen to that. He’s a character.’ I’m loving what I’m doing. It’s still fun for me. As long as you keep that element in the place of work, you’re alright and doing good.”
Jim Ross has been the voice of AEW’s early years. The veteran announcer previously noted that in an ideal world, he’d sign one-year contracts with AEW from now until he decides to step away from the commentary desk. As of writing, there is no word on whether Ross has been offered a new deal, or a contract extension.
AEW is currently building to next month’s Revolution pay-per-view. Check out the current line-up for the show at this link.
Transcription via Fightful.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title