Following recent reports, John Cena was asked about his potential SummerSlam 2021 plans ahead of the August show.
SummerSlam takes place on Saturday, August 21, emanating from the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. According to the former WWE Champion, John Cena will be “enjoying summer” when this date rolls around.
Speaking with Tara Hitchcock, John Cena claimed that he didn’t know what was special about August 21, 2021. When reminded that it’s the date of the Biggest Party of the Summer, Cena laughed, saying:
“(laughs) That was a good way to do that!”
WWE on Fox shared a clip of the interview on Twitter:
“Hopefully enjoying the summer.” – @johncena on what he’ll be doing August 21
(via @TaraTV1) pic.twitter.com/ZgkoNMqQCd
— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) June 12, 2021
Cena’s puzzled expression could have been genuine, however The Champ could’ve just been flexing his acting skills. Cena is currently promoting F9 and The Suicide Squad, both films set to release later this year.
Numerous reports have stated that John Cena will return to WWE to face Roman Reigns in the main-event of SummerSlam. WWE are reportedly planning for SummerSlam 2021 to be “this year’s WrestleMania“.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’