Former WWE star John Morrison has reacted to Edge referencing his recent release during last night’s episode of Raw.
Edge’s return promo was interrupted by a returning Miz and Maryse, which sparked what could easily be perceived as WWE’s attempt to replicate the MJF/CM Punk AEW Dynamite promo from last week.
During the verbal altercation, Edge accused Miz of only using WWE for notoriety, so he can become a contestant on dance competition TV shows and leave his partners “high and dry” to get fired while he’s away.
That was a reference to Morrison, Miz’s former tag team partner, who was released by WWE on November 18. Miz had been absent from WWE TV due to being on Dancing With Stars from August 23 until last night.
John Morrison took to Twitter to react to Edge’s comment, writing:
“hey @EdgeRatedR high & dry?? #JohnnyDripDrip is never not wet #TheFloodStud #AmericasMoistWanted By the way when you jump into @mikethemiz‘s water be prepared for a slaughter
It’s good to know he seems to have taken it in good spirits and he’s making sure we all remember he’s a rather wet man, because we wouldn’t want to forget that.
Morrison’s release came just two weeks after his wife Taya Valkyrie (Franky Monet) had also been let go.
It’s been reported that at least one current WWE star and some former WWE stars have expressed concern that referencing releases – which also happened during the Liv Morgan/Becky Lynch promo last night – was in bad taste.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- Tony Khan Doubles Down On WrestleDream 2023 Marking A ‘New Era In AEW’