Former NXT Women’s Champion and WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Kairi Sane has said goodbye to WWE on social media following tonight’s Raw.
The show was taped a week ago, and Sane’s involvement tonight was getting attacked backstage by Bayley during Asuka vs Sasha Banks, which led to Asuka coming to save her and getting counted out, thus Banks winning and being crowned Raw Women’s Champion.
It had previously been reported Sane would be returning to Japan to be with her husband, and she has now taken to Twitter to write:
My time in the NXT & WWE locker rooms was incredible. Everyone was kind, funny, & talented, so every day was full of happiness. Also, I was saved by the supportive staff behind the scenes. I will forever love & respect all these professionals I had the pleasure of working with.
I was able to accomplish so much in the last three years, but it wasn’t because of my ability or my strength. It was because of all of the constant, warm support from the fans. I am so thankful I could meet you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Kairi Sane
There have been rumours that Sane could remain affiliated with WWE in an ambassador sort of role, but it remains to be seen whether that comes to fruition.
Everyone at WrestleTalk.com would like to send our best wishes to Sane in whatever she pursues going forward. She has undoubtedly been an asset to pro-wrestling over the years.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?