The show was taped a week ago, and Sane’s involvement tonight was getting attacked backstage by Bayley during Asuka vs Sasha Banks, which led to Asuka coming to save her and getting counted out, thus Banks winning and being crowned Raw Women’s Champion.
It had previously been reported Sane would be returning to Japan to be with her husband, and she has now taken to Twitter to write:
My time in the NXT & WWE locker rooms was incredible. Everyone was kind, funny, & talented, so every day was full of happiness. Also, I was saved by the supportive staff behind the scenes. I will forever love & respect all these professionals I had the pleasure of working with.
I was able to accomplish so much in the last three years, but it wasn’t because of my ability or my strength. It was because of all of the constant, warm support from the fans. I am so thankful I could meet you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Kairi Sane
There have been rumours that Sane could remain affiliated with WWE in an ambassador sort of role, but it remains to be seen whether that comes to fruition.
Everyone at WrestleTalk.com would like to send our best wishes to Sane in whatever she pursues going forward. She has undoubtedly been an asset to pro-wrestling over the years.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’
- AEW Fan Fest Today In Las Vegas Ahead Of Double Or Nothing