Two-time NXT Champion Karrion Kross and Scarlett were among the many names that were released by WWE on November 4, 2021.
Karrion Kross signed with WWE in February 2020 and it took only a few months for him to win the NXT Championship, which he did by beating Keith Lee at NXT TakeOver 30 the following August.
However, Kross had to relinquish the title just a few days later as he suffered a dislocated shoulder during that very match.
He was out of action until December 2020, and won the NXT Title for a second time in April 2021, beating Finn Balor at TakeOver: Stand & Deliver.
Kross was called up to the WWE main roster in June 2021 while still NXT Champion, then lost the title to Samoa Joe the next month.
During his run in NXT, he had his real-life fianceé Scarlett – who was also released on November 4 – by his side, but that wasn’t the case on the main roster.
Instead, he was given a watered-down presentation with a silly outfit and swiftly lost a couple of his early matches, which killed his momentum instantly.
His last Raw match was a win over Jaxson Ryker on September 27.
Scarlett had signed with WWE a few months before Kross, but didn’t debut on NXT TV until he did. She never worked a TV match during her time with WWE.
A full list of the November 4, 2021 WWE releases can be found at this link.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- Former NXT Star Taylor Rust Makes AEW Debut
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Fascinating Behind-The-Scenes Footage Of Jade Cargill Including Training With Bryan Danielson & More
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing