New Japan Pro-Wrestling star Kazuchika Okada has shared his honest thoughts on All Elite Wrestling.
Okada made his AEW debut on the June 22 edition of Dynamite, ahead of the June 26 AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door crossover event.
At the pay-per-view, Okada faced off against AEW stars ‘Hangman’ Adam Page and Adam Cole, as well as Jay White in a fourway bout for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title.
Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Okada noted that he thinks that AEW is better in NJPW in some ways, and that NJPW is the superior promotion in others.
“AEW is a great promotion, I definitely felt that in my time there. There are places where they win out over NJPW, and areas where New Japan is superior as well. I think both sides came away with something to learn and work on, and I’d love to have another event with those lessons learned. Last time it was in the US, so let’s have it in Japan next time.
“There’s plenty of great wrestlers over in AEW, and I’d love to be a part of any match that has the fans excited. I saw how good of a team FTR were in London, so even a tag match might be interesting.”
After winning this year’s G1 Climax tournament, Okada is slated to challenge for Jay White’s IWGP World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4, 2023.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Nature Of Recent Procedure Amid WWE Absence
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- News On Which Night Some WrestleMania Matches Are Set For
- AEW Star Interested In Facing Goldberg In Retirement Match
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- AEW Star Reveals Pitch For WWE WrestleMania Crossover Match
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?