New Japan Pro Wrestling held the finals of the G1 Climax 32 tournament today, with two former IWGP World Champions battling it out in the tournament final.
The final saw Kazuchika Okada, who defeated Tama Tonga in the semi-final, battle for his fourth G1 Climax victory against Will Ospreay, who defeated Tetsuya Naito in the other semi-final. Ospreay would be fighting for his first G1 victory.
The final match took place today, with Okada defeating Will Ospreay to emerge victorious in the tournament for the fourth time in his legendary career.
With his victory, Okada now earns the right to face off for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship, which is currently held by Jay White, at Wrestle Kingdom 17 on January 4.
NJPW made several other big announcements during the show, including a big change to the format of Wrestle Kingdom, returning to just a one night event on January 4, as well as the date of the company’s return to New York.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE ‘Very Worried’ About Upcoming SmackDown
- Triple H Makes Change To Gunther’s Ring Name?
- Changes To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian Revealed
- AEW Dark: Elevation Spoilers For October 3 Revealed
- ‘National Scissoring Day’ Celebration Set For October 5 AEW Dynamite
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For September 30, 2022
- Huge Stipulation Match Added To WWE Extreme Rules
- Here’s What Saraya Had To Say During First AEW Promo
- Malakai Black Shows Off Incredible New Head Tattoo (PHOTO)
- MJF Match Announced For October 5 AEW Dynamite