Third generation talent Kerry Morton reveals that Ric Flair told him if there was a professional wrestling draft, he would be Flair’s number one pick.
Morton, the son of famed professional wrestling star Ricky Morton, opened up about what it was like to work Ric Flair’s Last Match, taking part in the historic event as a part of a tag team with his Dad and accompanied by Robert Gibson of the The Rock ‘N’ Roll Express.
In the match they were facing AEW stars, Brian Pillman Jr. and Brock Anderson, who were joined at ringside by Arn Anderson.
“What a lineage man. The Four Horsemen and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express, you know? That any old school wrestling fan or current, modern wrestling fan that’s really into the game should know that The Four Horsemen and The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express made history and we did it once more on Ric Flair’s Last Match.
“You know, I saw Ric Flair once during the week and he took the time and he talked to me and he said, ‘You know what Kerry? I was a big, big fan working with your dad back in the day’ and he told me, he said, ‘Kerry, if there was a draft in professional wrestling right now, there was a draft pick,’ he said, ‘You know, you would probably be my number one’ and hearing The Nature Boy say something like that is absolutely the most humbling thing in the world. The greatest professional wrestler of all time, I’m gonna say it on here. The Nature Boy Ric Flair has called me his number one draft pick is very, very humbling.”
Elsewhere in the interview, Morton discusses teaming with his Dad in MLW and their goal of capturing the MLW tag team championships.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- More WWE Stars Released
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023