After his victories at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15, Kota Ibushi has requested to unify the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental Titles.
On the first day of the event, Ibushi defeated Tetsuya Naito to win both championships, and then he defended them against Jay White on day two.
Speaking in the press conference after the show, Ibushi said:
“The IWGP Intercontinental Championship is the greatest belt there is. The IWGP Heavyweight Championship is the strongest belt there is. I want to unify these titles. I want it to be both the greatest and the strongest. Nobody has challenged for just one of these titles. Then what does a double championship mean? I want to unify them. Then I will make my ultimate dreams come true.”
The titles haven’t been separated since Naito – who was the Intercontinental Champion – beat Kazuchika Okada – who was the Heavyweight Champion – at Wrestle Kingdom 14 at the start of last year.
Quote via Fightful
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’