WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle has named another WWE star who was considered for his illegitimate son storyline in 2017.
On the July 17, 2017 edition of Raw, onscreen general manager Kurt Angle to reveal that Jason Jordan of American Alpha was his son. The duo appeared in segments together following the reveal, with Jordan receiving a singles push following the reveal.
Although Jason Jordan was the final choice, there were reportedly several names in the mix, considered for the role of Kurt Angle’s kid.
Speaking on his Kurt Angle Show podcast, Angle confirmed that Jordan’s tag partner Chad Gable’s name was pitched, noting:
“I never heard about Dixie Carter or Stephanie McMahon, that never came to me at least. But Chad Gable was a possibility, I knew they were throwing that around. But Vince (McMahon) decided to make it Jason Jordan, and that’s how it stood.”
Angle wrestled Gable on the March 19, 2019 edition of Raw, ahead of his final match at WrestleMania 38. The Hall of Famer officially retired from wrestling following his loss to Baron (Happy) Corbin at the event.
The Olympic gold medalist recently revealed more details about the AEW offers he has since turned down, which you can read about right here.
Gable is currently part of the Raw roster, most recently wrestling during this week’s WWE Main Event taping.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Inside The Ropes.
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete