To the surprise of very few, former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Ethan Carter III was shown in the front row of NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia last night. The reveal followed earlier reports of Carter having been seen in Philadelphia that day.
Carter was acknowledged only as “EC3” on camera, as well as the WWE.com article heralding his appearance. It remains to be seen if any part of his name will be modified, if WWE doesn’t wish to refer to him as “Carter”, due to the connection to kayfabe-aunt, and former TNA owner, Dixie Carter.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) January 28, 2018
EC3 will report to NXT, which seems to put to rest the idea that he could be a surprise entrant in Sunday night’s Royal Rumble match. He will join recent signees Candice LeRae and Trevor “Ricochet” Mann (both of whom appeared on camera at TakeOver) in WWE’s development brand.
- royal rumble 2018
- nxt takeover philadelphia
- ethan carter iii
- candice lerae
- Impact Wrestling
- WWE Star Eyes Up Top Free Agent Match
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?
- WWE Star Injured Indefinitely, Pulled From Big Match
- AJ Styles Planned WWE Return Date Revealed
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement
- New WWE Faction Member Revealed
- Insane Cody Rhodes WWE Record Revealed