A major injury causes another change to the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament.
On the August 19 edition of SmackDown, former NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne of Toxic Attraction made their main roster debuts by defeating Natalya and Sonya Deville to advance to the semifinals of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament.
However, it looks like an injury has caused the group’s elimination from the tournament.
On August 22, WWE announced that Gigi Dolin suffered an injury that has taken the duo out of the tournament.
In their place, there will be a “Second Chance” four-way tag team match on the August 26 episode of SmackDown to determine who will replace them.
BREAKING NEWS: Due to injuries suffered by @gigidolin_wwe, Toxic Attraction is out of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament.
A “Second Chance” Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match will occur this Friday on #SmackDown.
Toxic Attraction were replacements for Nikkita Lyons and Zoey Stark in the tournament.
The tournament will continue on tonight’s edition of Raw with Asuka and Alexa Bliss facing Dakota Kai and IYO SKY in the semifinals.
We will have the latest news from tonight’s Raw on the homepage during the show.
BREAKING NEWS: Due to injuries suffered by @gigidolin_wwe, Toxic Attraction is out of the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Tournament.
— WWE (@WWE) August 22, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- New AEW Signing Confirmed
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- The Rock Breaks Heel WWE Character To Send Message To Triple H
- Injury Concern For Top WWE Star After Elimination Chamber?
- Jack Perry’s First Match Since CM Punk Incident At AEW All In 2023 Confirmed
- Rumoured WWE Signing Officially Set To Become Free Agent
- Former WWE Champion Out With Injury
- CM Punk Reacts To Not Being Included In WWE 2K24
- Randy Orton Has Brutally Honest Reaction To Man Using RKO In Public
- Becky Lynch Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations