A major injury causes another change to the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament.
On the August 19 edition of SmackDown, former NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne of Toxic Attraction made their main roster debuts by defeating Natalya and Sonya Deville to advance to the semifinals of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament.
However, it looks like an injury has caused the group’s elimination from the tournament.
On August 22, WWE announced that Gigi Dolin suffered an injury that has taken the duo out of the tournament.
In their place, there will be a “Second Chance” four-way tag team match on the August 26 episode of SmackDown to determine who will replace them.
BREAKING NEWS: Due to injuries suffered by @gigidolin_wwe, Toxic Attraction is out of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship Tournament.
A “Second Chance” Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match will occur this Friday on #SmackDown.
Toxic Attraction were replacements for Nikkita Lyons and Zoey Stark in the tournament.
The tournament will continue on tonight’s edition of Raw with Asuka and Alexa Bliss facing Dakota Kai and IYO SKY in the semifinals.
We will have the latest news from tonight’s Raw on the homepage during the show.
BREAKING NEWS: Due to injuries suffered by @gigidolin_wwe, Toxic Attraction is out of the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Tournament.
— WWE (@WWE) August 22, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series