A former WWE star has revealed he went to Japan to support Mercedes Mone at today’s STARDOM show.
At STARDOM All Star Grand Queendom, Mayu Iwatani defeated Mercedes Mone to win the IWGP Women’s Championship in front of the company’s largest audience at Yokohama Arena.
As with previous appearances for the former Sasha Banks since leaving WWE and signing with NJPW/STARDOM, a former WWE star showed up to show their support.
On Sunday, former WWE 24/7 Champion Mojo Rawley, real name Dean Muhtadi, took to Twitter to reveal that he went to Japan to support Mone at today’s event. He wrote:
So proud of my homie @MercedesVarnado. Flew all the way to Japan to see her at #STARDOM and it was so worth it. Love everything she stands for, and for the journey that she has earned AND chosen!!!!
In a follow up tweet, Muhtadi wrote:
Still can’t believe I’ve never been to Japan, but couldn’t be here for a better reason. Brought my wife to support @MercedesVarnado and then spend a week exploring the city after. 48 hours in and having a life changing experience. Big week ahead!
Mone has now shared her reaction to her title loss, which you can read more about right here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For June 9, 2023
- The Rock Shares Condolences To Iron Sheik’s Family: ‘Rest In Power, Uncle Sheiky’
- Kris Statlander Retains TBS Championship, AEW Rampage To Feature Big Women’s Match