Drew Gulak will defend the WWE Cruiserweight Championship against Humberto Carrillo at Clash of Champions on September 15. It will probably end up on the pre-show given WWE’s track record of doing as such.
Carrillo defeated Oney Lorcan on 205 Live tonight to earn the title shot. They were both surviving members of the winning team in last week’s 5-on-5 captain’s challenge.
Gulak has held the title since the Stomping Grounds pre-show where he won it in a three-way against Akira Tozawa and then-champion Tony Nese.
He has successfully defended the title against Nese on the Extreme Rules pre-show last month, against Lorcan on the SummerSlam pre-show on August 11, and then against Lorcan again on 205 Live two nights later.
The current card for Clash of Champions is as follows:
- Seth Rollins (c) vs. Braun Strowman – WWE Universal Championship
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Orton – WWE Championship
- Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode – WWE Raw Tag Team Championships
- Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair – WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
- King of the Ring final
- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo – WWE Cruiserweight Championship