WWE Star Not Listed For Show After Allegations Made Against Him

WWE Star Not Listed For Show After Allegations Made Against Him WWE

A WWE star is reportedly not listed to be used on an upcoming show after recent allegations that were made against him.

On April 2, former WWE star Ronda Rousey appeared for an interview with NewsNation regarding alleged sexual misconduct and the culture surrounding it in WWE.

During the interview, Rousey said the following about current NXT star Drew Gulak:

“I was standing there, and this guy who I was barely an acquaintance with grabs the string of my sweatpants as I’m walking by. Like, I wasn’t even looking at him. This guy grabs the string of my sweatpants, and nobody else reacts as if this is abnormal.

“He grabs it and he starts going down the hall and I’m just like, ‘What the f**k was that?’ Like, why are you grabbing the string of my sweatpants? If my husband was standing here next to me, would you feel comfortable walking up to me and grabbing the string of my sweatpants?

“But nobody around me acted as if it was abnormal. All the guys around me were just like, this is part of the day. And I’m like, if this guy is coming up to me and doing this kind of stuff to me when there’s other people around, what’s happening to these other girls when it’s not in a hallway or something like that? So that really put me on edge to like, not only is this behavior prevalent, but it’s so prevalent that people don’t even realize it’s a problem anymore.

“Drew Gulak, that’s who it was. I went and confronted him later and I was like, ‘If I ever hear about you putting your hands on any other woman like this or doing anything like this to me ever again, we’re gonna have a problem’.

“And he was like, ‘No no, I’m glad that you said something to me’. He just really like backpedaled and everything like that. But it just put a really sour taste in my mouth about the culture there and what’s considered acceptable, and how to touch and treat the women in the hallways, and anywhere.”

If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page

Gulak responded by tweeting:

Backstage at a WWE event in 2022, I saw Ronda talking with a group in the hallway. I stopped to say hi and shake all their hands, and in an attempt to shake her hand, I accidentally touched her drawstring. Complete accident, and one that I had apologized to her for the mishap.

Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer then reported that there were people in WWE who expected Gulak to “be gone” from the company.

There is no confirmation of that being the case yet, but there is an update on Gulak’s status for tonight’s April 9 episode of NXT.

As reported by Fightful, Gulak is not listed to appear on tonight’s NXT, despite the other members of the faction he leads – the No Quarter Catch Crew – being listed to appear.

The other members of the group are of course Charlie Dempsey, Damon Kemp and Myles Borne.

It’s very important to make clear that Fightful did not report that Gulak’s absence is because of the allegations, nor has anyone else said that.

Fightful’s report did not specify a reason.

At this point, it’s simply a chronologically accurate statement to say he is not listed for the show after the allegations surfaced last week.

We’ll keep you posted if any further details emerge.

Want a career in the professional wrestling industry but don’t know where to start? Enrolment is now open for the first-of-its-kind Wrestling Masterclass – click here for details

2 months ago by Liam Winnard

Trending

Get the latest wrestling news straight to your inbox

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from WrestleTalk