Here’s the latest update on the status of Kevin Owens, whose recent injury has put some major plans in doubt.
Owens suffered what’s believed to be a sprained MCL during a November 13 house show match, which means he may not be able to make his planned spot in the WarGames match at Survivor Series on November 26.
Providing the latest update on Owens’ condition during the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer notably said he’d heard that Owens is currently “not moving very well”.
“He’s doing rehab at the Performance Center. It was confirmed that the main event on the WWE pay-per-view, Survivor Series, was going to be the Bloodline – Roman Reigns, the Usos, Sami Zayn and Solo Sikoa – against Butch, Sheamus, Ridge Holland, Drew McIntyre and Kevin Owens.
“However, because Kevin Owens suffered an injury, which the last I heard was a sprained MCL… he was gonna get it checked out.
“I’d heard Monday morning, and I haven’t heard anything since Monday morning, that it had not been checked out. But he’s rehabbing it.
“I don’t know if he’ll be ready for the pay-per-view or not. If they do an angle on SmackDown on Friday and throw somebody else in, that tells you that he wasn’t ready.
“I do know from somebody… I did hear that he’s not moving very well. So he better heal up quick if he’s gonna make that pay-per-view.
“And like I said, I don’t know the situation, whether he will or he won’t. I haven’t heard. But that’s the basic situation.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page
The women’s WarGames match also still has an empty spot, with a partner still to be named to join the team of Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, Asuka and Mia Yim against Damage CTRL, Nikki Cross and Rhea Ripley.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- WWE Star Takes Another Shot At Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn & Kenny Omega Continue Twitter Back And Forth
- Tony Khan Reveals Real Reason William Regal Wanted WWE Return
- Audible Called For Recent WWE Title Match To Finish Early
- AEW Star Believes Recent Backlash Wouldn’t Happen If She Was A Man
- Another WWE Star Undergoing Huge Character Change?
- New Bloodline Member Joins Booker T’s Training School
- WWE Newest Signee Revealed
- AEW’s Jim Ross Addresses William Regal’s Apparent Departure
- Tony Khan Says William Regal Can’t Appear On-Screen For WWE When He Returns