Nick Wayne became the youngest signing to All Elite Wrestling at the age of 16, but he hasn’t debuted just yet.
Wayne is considered by many to be a prodigy in professional wrestling, having competed for various independent promotions like GCW and DEFY.
Speaking with Andrew Thompson, the 16 year old star addressed his status with AEW and his preparation for his eventual in-ring debut.
“Just from now until I’m 18 years old, we’ve got about a year and a half left, I’m just working my hardest as I can right now. So the day I turn 18 I’m ready to go. I look the part, my talent in the ring is crisp, you know. Just working to be the best version of myself.”
Nick Wayne was publicly offered his contract with All Elite Wrestling at DEFY Wrestling’s Year V event from Darby Allin who trained under Nick’s father, the late Buddy Wayne.
In regards to a potential matchup against Allin, Wayne said:
“I hope it happens one day,” Nick Wayne said. “Me and Darby have so much backstory behind us. You know, I was there for Darby’s first day of training. Yeah, he was trained by my father. I saw him about 4-5 times a week training. We have a really big story together.”
Darby Allin will compete on this Wednesday’s AEW Dynamite against Andrade El Idolo in a Coffin Match.
For a look at the current AEW roster, you can click here.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Top AEW Stars Written Off TV For ‘A Few Months’?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For Saturday, March 25
- Real Reason Top Star Missed AEW Dynamite
- CM Punk AEW Dynamite Appearance Blocked?