After inclement weather has made conditions dangerous, New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) has been forced to cancel a show.
With Typhoon Nanmadol set to make landfall, NJPW announced the difficult decision to cancel their upcoming event set for today, September 18, 2022.
The event set for Beppu, Japan as a part of the promotion’s Burning Spirit tour is cancelled however additional events from tomorrow forward remain unaffected.
Per a press release from NJPW:
“Thank you for supporting New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
“As Typhoon Nanmadol is expected to make landfall in the south of Japan on September 18, NJPW has arrived at the difficult decision to cancel the evening’s Burning Spirit event in Beppu’s B-Con Plaza in the interests of safety.
“We deeply apologise for the disappointment caused, as well as for the short notice of this announcement. Refunds will be issued to all ticket holders; those requiring English assistance in the refund process can fill out a contact form at https://www.njpw1972.com/contact/inquiry/ with the category ‘ticket inquiries’.
“Schedules live events in Fukuoka on Monday, September 19, and Kumamoto on Wednesday September 21 are currently set to proceed as planned; however attendees are encouraged to check English and Japanese web and social media for the latest information.”
The Forbidden Door remains open as NJPW stars Aussie Open are set to take on FTR on the first night of Royal Quest II. You can read all about it by clicking here.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- New Dolph Zigger Post-WWE Appearance Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship