A backstage update has emerged on former NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai’s absence from WWE TV.
Shirai hasn’t wrestled since NXT Stand & Deliver on April 2. It had been speculated that Shirai was injured after images began circulated appearing to show Shirai wearing what looked like a medical boot in the weeks following the event.
Fightful Select (subscription required) now reports that a WWE source confirmed that Shirai is currently out of action due to injury, but didn’t confirm the nature of the condition. While the severity of the injury is unclear, it was also stated that Shirai hasn’t been factored into any NXT creative plans for the near future.
While there was no official timetable for her return provided, the WWE source was reportedly hopeful that Shirai will be healed up ‘in the summer’.
It had previously been speculated that Shirai had injured her leg while performing a moonsault during the NXT Women’s Title bout at Stand & Deliver.
Check out a list of injured WWE stars and their expected return dates right here.
- Report: Another AEW Star Wants To Return To WWE
- WWE Bans Iconic Move For Being ‘Too Dangerous’
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- AEW’s Surprising Message To Star Rumored To Be Leaving
- Brody King Breaks Silence On Future Following Recent Developments
- Real Reason Several AEW Stars Want To Join WWE?
- KSI Reacts To WWE Star’s Comments About Potential Match
- New Details On WWE Releases & Top Star’s Contract
- Angelo Dawkins Reveals The Street Profits’ Main Goal Following Split Rumors
- Roman Reigns’ Next WWE Opponent Revealed?