Current WWE NXT stars have responded to recent reports about training injuries at the Performance Center.
It was recently reported that NXT star Sol Ruca had suffered a torn ACL, which was the reason behind writing her off of NXT television on this past week’s Spring Breakin’ special episode of the show.
Ruca’s injury had been compared to other women who have suffered ACL injuries in NXT of late, like Nikkita Lyons and Arianna Grace.
The report from Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer claimed some people in NXT are blaming the injuries on a new strength and conditioning coach. Meltzer wrote:
There are those who have blamed the current workouts they are putting the talent through as being counterproductive due to all the injuries.
One person noted the new strength and conditioning coach has talent lifting heavy all the time and there is a feeling that heavy lifting that puts any stress on knees, shoulders or backs, is counterproductive for a wrestling style that also puts so much stress on those same body parts.
The former coach was about doing athletic drills and trying to develop explosiveness and the complaints are that now it is more about increasing strength in different lefts by going heavy
Thea Hail, who Meltzer also reported was out with a short-term injury, responded to a fan relaying the information on Twitter, simply stating:
i don’t know where these dudes get their info from but this is just not true
Fellow NXT star Grayson Waller also responded to the reports that blame was being put on the training, responding with a gif stating that the report was ‘a lie’.
— Grayson Waller (@GraysonWWE) April 28, 2023
i don’t know where these dudes get their info from but this is just not true 😂😂 https://t.co/YUyw5q4diS
— Thea Hail (@theahail_wwe) April 28, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing