AEW star Orange Cassidy thinks people forget about him, which has led to him having multiple breakout matches.
At AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door, Cassidy had yet another breakout match against Will Ospreay for the IWGP United States Championship. This marked his first high profile bout since AEW Revolution where he suffered a shoulder injury.
During a roundtable panel at San Diego Comic Con (via Absolute Geek Podcast), the AEW star discussed his encounter with Ospreay and how fans view him.
“Well, I was hurt for a very long time. I had a type III AC separation in my left shoulder, and it hurt real bad, so I couldn’t really wrestle for a while. Then it’s like okay, and I decided to come back and wrestle Will Ospreay. I tried a little harder than I usually do in that match, especially because I, I don’t know. I don’t need to prove anything to anybody, but I know I can. Every now and then, I like to show everybody and remind everybody what I can do when I feel like it. I have that luxury to just turn it on when I want to. I think I’m the only person that’s like 16 breakout matches because I get that every single time I have a wrestling match. It’s like people forgot, so I just wanted to remind everybody this is who Orange Cassidy was, and I think I was able to do that. I would have liked to win, but he’s pretty good.”
Orange Cassidy’s match with Will Ospreay at Forbidden Door received high praise from fans as well as those backstage in All Elite Wrestling.
Cassidy will be in action against Jay Lethal on the August 3 edition of AEW Dynamite.
Keep track of Orange Cassidy’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Transcription via Fightful
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- VIDEO: What Tiffany Stratton Said To Shawn Michaels Backstage After NXT Women’s Title Win
- Details On ‘Mandatory’ AEW Backstage Meeting About ‘Dirt Sheets’ Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Shares Touching Post Ahead Of AEW Double Or Nothing Main Event