Randy Orton has opened up about his relationship with WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.
Debuting on the WWE main roster 20 years ago, Orton has had plenty of time to get to know McMahon as a boss.
Speaking on The Pat McAfee Show, Orton noted that Vince became a father figure to him over time.
Believing that McMahon sees a bit of himself in The Viper, Orton said:
“It’s been a long, steady, growing one. I’d say early on, most of our encounters were because I was f**king up, but, I was very fortunate because he took a liking to me. And I think it’s kinda like a father figure on the road. I was so young, and I think he saw a little bit of something of himself in me because… I’m a little bats**t crazy.
“He’s seen me throw a tantrum or two and kinda get emotional and lose it, and I’ve had a couple of deep conversations with the guy, and he’s known some of the troubles that I’ve went through, so we’re kind of on a different level. And I think he kinda sees a little bit of himself in me, and I think that’s why he took a liking to me.
“I think he also sees that I’m a WWE guy, I started out a WWE guy, and I’m not going anywhere. Even a couple of years ago, there might have been some chatter and some talk, but, I wasn’t really the guy talking about really going anywhere else. That was just… the internet and everybody… and I just kinda sat back and was like, ‘Oh this is interesting, I never said that’.
“Here I am, my contract’s up in a couple of years, and I’ll sign another one. I love this place. I love getting to do s**t like this. WrestleMania, this is my 18th WrestleMania in a couple of days. Here’s to 10 more WrestleManias.”
At WrestleMania 38, Orton & Riddle will face off against Alpha Academy and The Street Profits, with the Raw Tag Team Championship on the line.
Check out the full cards for WrestleMania Saturday here, and WrestleMania Sunday here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Hall Of Famer Reacts To Trinity Fatu Tribute At IMPACT Under Siege 2023
- Big Update On WWE World Heavyweight Championship Lineage After Seth Rollins’ Win
- Cody Rhodes Shares Message Ahead Of Brock Lesnar Match At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Paul Heyman Breaks Silence After Jimmy Uso Bloodline Betrayal
- Roman Reigns Shares Final Message Before WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: Jimmy Uso Turns On Roman Reigns, Jey Uso Reacts
- Ex-NXT Star Helps Trish Stratus Beat Becky Lynch At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Opens Up About Fears That He’d Be Forced To Retire
- WWE Crowns New World Heavyweight Champion At Night Of Champions
- Top WWE Women’s Division Star Responds To Asuka Title Win At Night Of Champions 2023