According to a new report IMPACT Bound For Glory was announced for Albany, New York on October 7 but it was not always going to be that way.
A report from Fightful Select reveals that IMPACT Bound For Glory was originally planned to be in another city entirely and on a different day!
Several weeks back it was reported by Fightful that the event was slated for Danbury, Connecticut on October 8 however the reason for the change has now been revealed.
With WWE running their Extreme Rules premium live event on October 8, IMPACT elected to not run directly head to head with WWE and instead moved the pay-per-view to Friday.
However when the venue wasn’t available for the Friday show day, a first in the event’s history, the pay-per-view was moved to Albany instead.
Unfortunately, talent were informed months ago that the show was booked for Danbury, Connecticut which is about a two-hour drive from new location.
This is the first IMPACT event in Albany, New York since 2012.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Malakai Black & Buddy Matthews Departures Revealed
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Trish Stratus Teases ‘Secret’ WWE Project
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- Update On Swerve Strickland & Keith Lee Being Contacted By WWE