Former Raw Women’s Champions Rhea Ripley and Nikki A.S.H captured the Women’s Tag Team Championship on the September 20 episode of Raw.
The pairing are a rather odd couple tag team, with Ripley being dubbed the ‘Nightmare’, and Nikki being the Almost A Superhero. Ripley herself recently spoke to TV Insider, where she revealed that she was initially ‘standoffish’ about the pairing with Nikki.
“At first I was a little bit standoffish. But she is growing on me. She is such a good person, warm-hearted and positive. Sometimes you just need someone like that behind you, especially when you’re someone like me who just goes out there and brutalizes people. Sometimes I need to calm down a little bit, so I’m glad to have Nikki by my side. To be honest, I’m having the time of my life right now in this tag team. It’s a lot of fun. I do miss singles competition and do love it, but there are always times for a change.”
Ripley continued on, saying that her winning the titles with Nikki is ‘incredible’, as she was someone Rhea looked up to in NXT, saying:
“Right now, I think the fact we won the Women’s Tag Team Championship is truly incredible. And to do it with someone like Nikki (who) was in NXT when I first started. I really looked up to her. To hold these titles with her is truly extraordinary.”
Both Rhea and Nikki were drafted together to the Raw brand on night one of the 2021 WWE Draft.
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Top Free Agent Bandido Signs With AEW
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Former WWE Star Announced For Mayweather Vs. Deji Undercard
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation