WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Rhea Ripley has revealed that she’d definitely re-join the NXT roster ‘in a heartbeat’.
Speaking on the Battleground Podcast, Ripley compared the new ‘NXT 2.0′ with the version she remembers competing on. Wanting to fight in NXT Women’s Champion Raquel Gonzalez’ corner, Ripley said:
“I would love to, honestly. I miss NXT right now. How it’s all changed, I don’t know if I’d really fit in, but when it was the metal scene and very grungy, I love that NXT.
“Not saying that the one now is bad or anything, but it’s definitely more for like the up-and-comers and everyone’s there trying to make a name for themselves. But saying that, I would definitely go back in a heartbeat, especially to help my girl, Raquel Gonzalez. I don’t like when she gets jumped. Yeah, I got her back.”
On last week’s (September 28) episode of NXT, Gonzalez was attacked by Toxic Attraction, before Mandy Rose held the NXT Women’s Championship above her head, making a statement.
Ripley’s last NXT bout was at New Years Evil in January, losing to Gonzalez in a Last Woman Standing match. Ripley went on to join Raw in March before pinning Asuka for the Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 37 in April.
Ripley is currently a WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion, alongside Nikki ASH. The team was drafted to Raw on during the third round of draft picks on SmackDown.
Transcription via Fightful.
- Former WWE Star Makes AEW Debut
- John Cena WWE Return Date Officially Revealed
- WWE Star Addresses Potential CM Punk Return
- Update On Possible Sasha Banks NJPW Debut Match
- WWE Discussing Roman Reigns Working Both Nights WrestleMania 39, Potential Opponents Revealed
- Scrapped MJF Babyface AEW Plans Revealed
- Report: Absent AEW Star Rejected Creative Plans For Return
- Kenny Omega Reacts To WWE Star’s Latest Shot At Him
- New WWE Signings Potentially Revealed, Plans For Reality Show
- WBD ‘Thrilled’ With AEW Dynamite Viewership