Ric Flair has said that a promoter approached him with an offer to come out of retirement and wrestle AEW’s Sammy Guevara.
On his Wooooo Nation UNCENSORED podcast, Flair was asked whether or not he has an idea for ‘one more match’. Stating that he told a promoter in Israel he’d want $100K to wrestle the current AEW TNT Champion, Flair said:
“Yea. listen. It’s funny you brought that up because there’s a promoter in Israel that wants me to wrestle your buddy, Sammy Guevara, in Israel. I said, ‘$100,000 and two first class tickets and I’m there. 50% and 50 % after I beat Sammy (he laughs).”
Flair recently noted that he’s in better shape now than he was during his last WCW match in 2001, teasing a return to the ring.
The 16-time World Champion was released by WWE in August. He recently took to Twitter to argue that WWE is ‘erasing’ his legacy.
He has since revealed that he won’t return to WWE while WWE President Nick Khan is working for the company, discussing the possibility of him joining AEW.
Quote via WrestlingNews.Co.
- Huge News On Stone Cold Steve Austin Plans For WrestleMania 39
- WWE SmackDown Stars Move To Raw
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Brock Lesnar WWE Elimination Chamber 2023 Status Update
- SPOILER: WWE Star Set For Return On Tonight’s January 30 Raw
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Post-Royal Rumble Update On The Rock Appearing At WrestleMania 39
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan