Yet another recent NXT call-up has been beaten in his main roster debut match, this time Ridge Holland on tonight’s episode of SmackDown.
Ridge Holland was pinned by Cesaro via a roll-up while Holland’s “mentor” and Cesaro’s former tag partner Sheamus was on commentary during the match.
Holland was largely dominant throughout the match, but would it really hurt for one of these guys to make a statement by winning their debut?
They’ve not done too badly with Austin Theory on Raw so far, but this Holland match certainly had shades of Karrion Kross’ Raw debut loss to Jeff Hardy about it. And that went well.
There were reports when Holland and Theory were called up that WWE saw them as potential top champions, but Holland certainly didn’t get off to the right start tonight.
Yes, it’s great that Cesaro won, but there’s a very simple solution which would have prevented either of them from losing… don’t do the match.
Holland was also eliminated pretty early in the #1 contender battle royal that closed the show.
The veteran instinct of @WWECesaro spoils @RidgeWWE's in-ring debut on #SmackDown! @WWESheamus pic.twitter.com/XImmxwLdWc
— WWE (@WWE) November 27, 2021
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam