Details have emerged on timing issues with the live broadcast for this week’s (July 7) edition of Friday Night SmackDown.
The show featured an important chapter of the Bloodline saga, with Roman Reigns appearing to pass on his Tribal Chief moniker to Jey Uso, before he and Solo Sikoa attacked the Usos and hospitalised Jimmy.
Jey returned to the arena later in the show to issue a challenge to Roman Reigns, while holding Reigns’ WWE Universal Title belt.
PWInsider now reports that the Bloodline Tribal Council segment that took place earlier in the show ran longer than originally planned.
It was noted that the segment caused a ‘ripple effect’ with later segments having time cut to fit on the live broadcast on FOX.
Another major moment on the show saw rising star Grayson Waller make his main roster in-ring debut against Hall of Famer Edge.
While Waller had an impressive performance, he was ultimately pinned after Edge counted his rolling stunner with a spear.
The backstage reaction to Waller in WWE following his recent main roster appearances has been revealed.
For the latest on the situations surrounding Vince McMahon and backstage ‘creative intervention’ click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Updated List Of Released WWE Stars
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Valuation Of Upcoming WWE SmackDown USA Network Deal Revealed
- Riddick Moss Comments On WWE Release
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE