Former WWE head writer ‘Road Dogg’ Brian James has explained the issue that arose when booking for Finn Balor’s ‘Demon King’ persona.
While Finn Balor is presented as an accomplished wrestler on WWE TV, his Demon King persona has always been presented as one of the most dominant forces of the modern WWE era.
Speaking with Sportskeeda, Brian James noted that finding ways to beat the Demon King while making him look strong was a booking issue WWE creative encountered with the character.
“Look, I think one of the problems that arose is, can you beat The Demon? I think there are booking speedbumps in The Demon. If he’s always The Demon, ‘can he lose’ is a legitimate question. And I guess he can if he’s not supernatural. I think like Undertaker lost; it was horrible.”
Brian James returned to WWE in August as the new Senior Vice President of Live Events.
Finn Balor most recently wrestled as the Demon King at Extreme Rules 2021. In the main event of the show, Balor lost to Roman Reigns after the top turnbuckle broke, as Balor was attempting his Coup De Grace finisher.
Balor currently wrestles as part of the Judgment Day faction on WWE Raw.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- First Ever NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Participants Revealed
- New WWE Star Debuts At Taping
- WWE Hall Of Famer Criticizes ‘Childish Stuff’ From The Elite
- WWE Star Ruled Out Of Big Match Due To Recent Injury
- WWE Star Slammed For Being A ‘Disrespectful Ripoff’
- Top WWE Star Teasing Return?
- AEW Star ‘Didn’t Even Bother’ Wearing Ring Gear For Recent Match
- WWE Spoils Return, AEW Stars Considering Leaving, CM Punk Scrapped Plans Revealed – News Bulletin – November 30, 2022
- WWE Star Makes In-Ring Return On NXT
- Starrcast Working With Oceania Pro Wrestling For Huge Event In 2023