If you are a long-time fan of ROH like me, then you are about to very, very excited. ROH announced earlier today that it is bringing back the ROH Pure Championship in April at Pure Excellence.
“The Pure Title was created in 2004. In matches contested under Pure rules, closed-first punches were illegal, and each competitor was allowed three rope breaks to stop submission holds and pinfalls during the match; after that, pinfalls and submission holds on or under the ropes would be legal.
“AJ Styles defeated CM Punk in a tournament final to become the first Pure Champion. The title subsequently was held by stars such as Samoa Joe, Jay Lethal and Nigel McGuinness. In August 2006, then-ROH World Champion Bryan Danielson defeated McGuinness to unify the titles.”
The new winner will be crowned through a tournament of back-to-back nights of action. When you look at the ROH roster, one name definitely comes to mind when you think of pure wrestling.
THE PURE TITLE IS BACK!!!
Full details: https://t.co/uo5kmoJweE pic.twitter.com/KG6mM7CzTx
— ROH Wrestling (@ringofhonor) January 31, 2020
Jonathan Gresham has to be considered one of the early favorites to capture the gold. Looks like Marty Scurll wants to guide ROH by going back to the future.
Let us know your thoughts on Twitter.
- WWE Hall Of Famer The Iron Sheik Passes Away Aged 81
- Top NXT Star To Challenge Seth Rollins For WWE World Heavyweight Championship
- New Name For WWE Faction Revealed
- Major Change To Seth Rollins’ Upcoming Marvel Movie
- VIDEO: Solo Sikoa Has Hilarious Exchange With Young Fan At WWE Live Event
- Another Championship Match Announced For June 7 AEW Dynamite
- Top Star Wants ‘Correct Amount Of Money’ For CM Punk Forbidden Door Match
- Solo Sikoa Hints At Jey Uso’s Potential Bloodline Future
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- VIDEO: Shawn Michaels Congratulates NXT Star After Big Battle Royal Win