Roman Reigns has commented on the fact that the “missionary position” line he used in a recent promo towards John Cena was edited out by WWE.
The line aired on SmackDown on FOX, but was taken out of the YouTube clip of the segment on WWE’s YouTube channel.
Staying true to his new arrogant persona, Reigns spoke with Sports Illustrated about the situation, and had a great response, saying:
“I don’t know why they edited it out. I think it raised some eyebrows. I don’t get in trouble. The gimmick is as close to being real as possible. Even if they tried to say something to me, I wouldn’t have cared anyway. What are you gonna do? Not have me on SmackDown next week? Like I did before SummerSlam last year, I’ll go home. It doesn’t matter to me. Let’s see how they do without me.”
Roman Reigns will be defending the Universal Championship against John Cena at SummerSlam on August 21 in their second ever singles match.
The first came at No Mercy in 2017 and was won by Reigns.
Quote via Fightful
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return