Well. That happened. Tonight on WWE Raw, the mishmash team of Bobby Roode and Chad Gable took on the Raw Tag Team Champions and their manager, AOP and Drake Maverick, in the famous AOP House Party Match. That’s a 3-on-2 handicap match for those not keeping up.
Despite the numbers advantage, Maverick’s insistence on getting the pinfall over the challengers is ultimately what cost his team the titles. After a dominant showing by AOP, including a Super Collider and the neckbreaker/powerbomb combo to Chad Gable, Maverick called for the tag. He taunted Roode while he was supine on the mat, mimicking his ‘Glorious’ chant before beginning the cover.
Roode countered Maverick into a crucifix pin and got the surprise victory for his team. Like I said before: that happened. I’m not really sure what to make of it yet. At least there wasn’t any urine jokes this time.
Interesting little note. No Raw team has held the Raw Tag Team Championships more than once in 2018, and there have been eight title changes. Eight title changes. No repeat winners.
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’