Earlier this week, reports emerged that AEW were allegedly planning on transitioning Jim Ross away from weekly announcing duties on AEW Dynamite.
When Ross himself was asked about the reports, he claimed that they were ‘news to him’, seemingly debunking the reports.
In yesterday’s Wrestling Observer Daily, Meltzer noted that AEW President Tony Khan has also claimed that the rumours are not true, and that he has never told JR this. Meltzer said:
Tony Khan said reports that they are looking to remove Jim Ross as announcer are inaccurate. He said he’s never said that and he’s also told Ross he’s never said that. Ross has said the report was news to him.
It seems like Jim Ross will be on commentary for the foreseeable future, including for next week’s All Out show.
- Spoiler On Karrion Kross WWE SmackDown Presentation
- What Does WBD Taking Over BT Sport Mean For WWE & AEW In The UK?
- Carmelo Hayes Teases Joining Returning Faction On SmackDown
- Update On How Many Returns Triple H Has Planned
- Drew McIntyre Teases Huge Change For Clash At The Castle
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Here’s Who Pitched For Goldberg To Squash Brock Lesnar At Survivor Series 2016
- Zoey Stark Worked As Backstage Producer While Out With Injury
- AEW & NWA Relationship Reportedly ‘Fine’ After Comments From Tony Khan & Billy Corgan
- Former WWE Writer Recalls Stephanie McMahon Reaction To Finding Out He Was A Wrestling Fan