Shane McMahon returned to WWE Raw tonight with a big announcement, and it’s one that is sure to cause a hell of a stir amongst fans.
It had been reported prior to the show that McMahon was going to be introducing us to a “new concept”, and that’s exactly what he did.
A couple of times during the show, we saw Shane in what looked to be some sort of underground fight club and a ring with no ropes or turnbuckles. He told us to stay tuned for “Raw Underground” at 10pm, which for those not in the ET time zone was just the start of the third hour.
When that time struck, we saw two fights from NXT’s Babatunde, under the new name Dabba-Kato, in which he dominated his smaller opponents. You can see the clip here:
— WWE (@WWE) August 4, 2020
We went back there later in the show for another match, and this time it was Erik of the Viking Raiders who beat another enhancement guy. Shortly after that, Charly Caruso mentioned Raw Underground to the Hurt Business, who then headed there.
The show went off the air with the final match of Raw Underground which was won by Dolph Ziggler who beat NXT’s Jake Atlas. The Hurt Business then showed up and MVP challenged the fighters to battle it out with Bobby Lashley. Lashley quickly knocked out Chase Parker of the Ever-Rise tag team. They then beat up another smaller guy, and Shelton Benjamin laid waste to former Raw commentator Dio Maddin.
A big brawl then broke out with the three men laying out everyone on the outside, and Shane McMahon made it clear anything goes and they could hang out there as long as they liked.
The closest thing this can be compared to is the GCW Bloodsport shows, which are worked shoot-style matches that mimic MMA, and can only end via knockout, submission, or referee’s decision.
- Report: WWE ‘Working On Deal’ For Cristiano Ronaldo To Appear
- WWE Star Set To Debut Brand New Look
- WWE Star Returns For First Televised Match In 11 Months
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- AEW Stars Announce Wedding Date
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Update On Ex-AEW Name’s Domestic Violence Arrest
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting