Following the main roster debut of Matt Riddle, WrestleTalk exclusively reported that both Dominik Dijakovic and Chelsea Green were going to be heading to the main roster within the next few weeks/months.
We also exclusively reported around the same time that Velveteen Dream would not be moved to either Raw or SmackDown. There were reports circulating at the time suggesting that he might make the switch.
Now Fightful Select is reporting that Vanessa Borne has surprisingly been called-up to the main roster. The site notes that her call-up came after she negotiated to extend her WWE contract.
Interesting, the report claims that Borne has actually been a member of the main roster for several months now, but has yet to make her debut on either Raw or SmackDown:
Fightful Select has learned that Vanessa Borne has been called up to the main roster, but there’s more than meets the eye.
Fightful was told that Borne was actually called up as far back as January or February, which explains why she hasn’t appeared on NXT at all since then. However, she’s still not made her main roster debut.
Borne has been awaiting her debut, but moved, and hasn’t been flown back in regularly since then. Borne’s situation was compared to that of Riddick Moss, who had a deal coming up, and then was promoted to the main roster upon re-signing.
Since all this has unfolded, there have been major shifts in WWE, and we aren’t sure of her status as of now or where she was to land.
As with a lot of things in WWE over the last few months, any plans that were made for Borne’s eventual main roster debut have likely been delayed or potentially even scrapped as a result of COVID-19.
- Matt Riddle Next Move After WWE Release Revealed?
- Another Big Sign WWE Thinks Highly Of LA Knight
- WWE Star Reacts To Tag Team Partner Being Released
- Exciting Prospect Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- Ex-WWE Star To Make In-Ring Return After Five Years Away
- Update On Jey Uso’s WWE Status Following Raw Switch
- Mandy Rose Now Officially A Free Agent, Reveals Likelihood Of Returning To Wrestling
- Injured WWE Star Returning To In-Ring Training Soon
- Former World Champion Confirms He’ll Be A Free Agent On September 30
- AEW Star Addresses Dolph Ziggler Being Released By WWE