After the news coming out that Stardom will have a match at Wrestle Kingdom 14, the match itself has now been announced. Mayu Iwatani and Arisa Hoshiki vs. Hana Kimura and Giulia will be the match that takes places on January 4, 2020. Iwatani is the current World of Stardom Champion and is the biggest star involved.
This will be the first time that a women’s match will be featured on a Wrestle Kingdom card. The match is set to air as a pre-show match on Wrestle Kingdom 14 Night One. This year’s Wrestle Kingdom event is set to take place over two nights. The first night will be on January 4, followed by the second on January 5.
It was announced in October that Bushi-Road (New Japan’s parent company) had agreed to purchase Stardom. Until now, the two promotions had been kept separate. It is likely still the plan to keep the two promotions apart, while using the Tokyo Dome as an opportunity to grow Stardom’s fanbase.
The IWGP Heavyweight Championship match between Kazuchika Okada and Kota Ibushi is set to main event the first night of action. The winner of that match will face the winner of the Tetsuya Naito vs. Jay White match to crown the New Japan’s Double Champion.
What match are you most looking forward to at Wrestle Kingdom 14? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Paul Heyman Describes ‘Method Acting’ With Current AEW Star
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’